Skip to main content

Upcoming Essays on Privacy Invasion, & Recap of Pilot Essay



"When the spy operation or schizophrenic episode started, I felt like I had woken up in the middle of a science fiction movie or the novel 1984."  by Myra Sue St. Clair Baldwin
Photo by Orion Moon. November 2019.
"When I was staying at the Hope House shelter in downtown Spokane, Washington, I had to leave the shelter every day and carry my bags around with me everywhere. Bags are heavy to carry and will really weigh you down. Fortunately for me, I had a monthly bus pass, so I only had to walk a couple of blocks to get to a bus stop wherever I went. I'm no longer homeless, but brought some bags of props with me for the photo-shoot." by Myra Sue St. Clair Baldwin
Photo by Orion Moon. November 2019.
"Desperate for Police Attention"
Photo by Orion Moon. November 2019.


 The “Privacy Invasion Stunt”, My Descent into Homelessness, & Life Before Privacy Invasion

by Myra Sue St.Clair Baldwin


 Upcoming Brand New Essays, & Recap of Pilot Essay


  A Sneak Peak into the Future & Previously…

  • Essay 2 Preview: Kicked to the Curb & An Underground Journalist
  • Essay 3 Preview: A "Useless Hoarder" with "Junky Behaviors"
  • Essay 4 Preview: Drama Therapy: Playing Pretend & Dress Up
  • Previously: Essay #1 (Introduction): A Carrie Brownstein Wannabe Tries on Different Hats!

  Previously: A Recap of the Pilot Essay:

  Essay 1: A Carrie Brownstein Wannabe Tries on Different Hats! (Pilot Essay: Preview)

  An overview of the worst part of the “spy operation”, which I endured while I lived at the Coeur d’Alene Plaza apartments, above Boo Radley’s and Atticus, in downtown Spokane, WA.

  The voices I heard through the walls, in my home, and in my head questioned if I have multiple personality disorder and if I had good acting skills. I demonstrated how to play pretend (adults usually forget how to play pretend) by playing pretend at being Carrie Brownstein. I told them I was a Carrie Brownstein (of the show Portlandia and band Sleater-Kinney) wannabe and showed them how I had worn different hats through-out the years and in various roles. I went from imagining a world in which no one is locked up into imagining a world in which my many, many spies (including family and neighbors at the time) would be locked up for the rest of their lives for their part in what I called a psychologically torturous “Mind Control Stunt”! I wanted to end the “Age of Garbage” and thought of myself as an almost-famous civil rights activist standing up for the privacy rights of each and every United States American citizen nationwide! 
Read the full essay here.. Click on “Subscribe” to stay in the loop about upcoming essays on the “Privacy Invasion Stunt”, video interviews & lectures, plus opinion articles about my views on religion & politics.


  Coming Soon - Preview of Brand New Upcoming Essays:

  Essay 2: Kicked to the Curb & an Underground Journalist (Preview)
  In January of 2016, I lost my apartment due to hoarding. In late February, after a couple of months of staying with my parents until the low temperatures were above freezing, I was ready to venture out and try life on the streets (and give my parents and I some much-needed space from each other). Mostly, I stayed in a shelter. The first couple of nights out there, there weren’t enough beds at the shelter, so I slept on the streets and proudly imagined my “street credentials” growing exponentially. Gaining “street credentials” is a good goal for a wannabe underground journalist and wannabe anthropologist, so I proudly slept on top of cardboard, with my purse wrapped around my neck in hope that my most important belongings wouldn’t get stolen, and went to sleep. I woke up, still alive as I hadn’t been beaten to death like some homeless people are.
  I started staying in the shelter and found extra-curricular activities to do in town to occupy my time. At the time, I found just sitting around thinking to be highly disagreeable to me, but didn’t quite yet feel ready to write about the privacy invasion experience. I bounced from activity to activity to outrun the voices and memories that plagued me and also to imagine myself being the great award-winning free-lance journalist the voices had told me I could be.

 Essay 3: “A Useless Hoarder” With “Junky Behaviors” (Preview)
  During the spy operation, I heard my Brother Gene’s voice calling me a “useless hoarder”. I also heard one of my neighbor’s voices say “She has all these junky behaviors”. I looked around at my so-called “junk” (which I took great pride in) and wondered what EXACTLY he meant by that. Besides left-over disassembled pens and left-over bent paperclips, I was also saving left-over melted candle-wax, left-over soap, pencil shavings from color pencils and regular pencils, left-over markers that I planned to someday refill, clothing scraps from used cut-up clothes (for doo-rags and other neat stuff), left-over reclaimed leather from a coat left outside the dumpster behind the apartment complex, washed out Pringles containers and other packaging, jelly jars and other jars, card-board, plus various other stuff. I also had a huge collection of books and years worth of unorganized paperwork stuffed into boxes. There were books on stacked milk-crates and stacks of books on the floor.

  Essay 4: Play-Acting & Dress Up (Preview)
  Before the spy operation began, I had begun playing pretend at being an underground journalist, a comedian, a storyteller, and a great artist. I was loud and laughing and a friend thought I had a “following” of neighbors who listened to me through the walls and enjoyed what I was saying. I was having lots of fun cutting up old garments and using them to make doo-rags, tube tops, mini-skirts, and other fashionable attire. Then I would play “dress up” as part of my mood-busting routine that I had developed to chase the blues away and keep them away. Later, when I became homeless, I imagined myself as a star out there on stage. I checked out a couple of books. One was “Man at the Helm” about a pill-popping mama who was also a playwright and performed play-acting for her family. Another was “A Streetcar Named Desire” which I checked out because the Spokane Civic Theatre was going to show that play and I thought about rehearsing for it and showing up to audition (though I’m not sure if the shelter would have saved my bed each night while I was doing rehearsals). I think I realized at some point that I wouldn’t have the long-term energy needed anyway to be an actor. So much for needing a year or two of drama school like one of the voices suggested.

  See also:

Please Subscribe to our blog!

Comments

  1. The perceived issues of a schizophrenic are considered imaginary and invisible. No one is evicted from an apartment for hoarding. One could see your blasphemy as the demons in your head speaking through you. One cannot take a schizophrenic seriously if they do not speak in a reputable and respectful way. Your outspeak against God is the persecution of a being's freewill to choose what is right for them, on their own accord, without influence or persecution. I refuse to take you seriously because of your lack of effective communication. One who acts as a vagrant, and a beggar, choosing to force their views on other people is nothing more than a misled individual. Do not attempt to peddle your beliefs if you are not of sound mind. No one, including myself, will take you seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm medicated and AM of sound mind. I was an anti-theist long before I became schizophrenic. And actually, people DO lose their housing over hoarding because they're often considered a fire threat. I'm not forcing anyone to choose atheism or anti-theism over God. I'm simply providing rationale for why I believe the biblical god is a genocidal dictator. Also, there's so many different gods out there; who is to say which God is the correct god to follow. I consider myself more rational than many theists.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profiles in Black History: Kwame Ture (formerly Stokely Carmichael)

Written by Sean P. McKelvey Last week I wrote about Bayard Rustin; an essential figure in the civil rights movement, who seems basically left behind and forgotten by our history books. Unfortunately, there are a whole slew of activists that were instrumental in ushering necessary change into American society – when it needed it most – that are strangely (and suspiciously, may I add) left out of our history books. This week, I want to place a special spotlight on Kwame Ture aka Stokely Carmichael; another shining example of someone incredibly important yet seemingly left out of history, altogether. Kwame Ture was born Stokely Carmichael in Trinidad in 1941. He moved and resided in the United States of America from the age of 11 until his eventual exile from the states, which came later in his life. He was exiled after years of activism and academic critique of the U.S. American system that still greatly oppressed himself and basically, any and all other members of his

Drunkcast #2: "Potcast" Podcast

In our second Drunkcast episode, we discuss the holiday 4/20 which is also sadly Hitler's birthday, legalization versus decriminalization of drugs, our own personal histories of drug use, privacy invasion & mental health, the film "Reefer Madness", and the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is a link to the audio file for the potcast podcast: Audio File: Potcast Podcast

Schizophrenia-Related PTSD

Photo by Orion Moon Article written by Myra Sue St. Clair Baldwin I'm back in weekly counseling as well as group therapy at Frontier Behavioral Health. I'm processing a lot of memories right now since I started writing about the "Privacy Invasion Stunt" and since I have a speaking gig coming up. I went a long time avoiding processing what I'd been through. There's a lot of research out there about how many with schizophrenia had trauma, especially childhood trauma in their past, but there doesn't seem to be much or any research out there about trauma being caused BY a schizophrenic episode. The alleged spy operation I endured was VERY traumatizing. Some of the voices brought up sexual trauma I experienced in high school and rubbed it in my face. And that's not all they did. See also: Orion Moon Interviews Myra Sue St. Clair Baldwin "My Schizophrenic Episode" with Myra Sue St. Clair Baldwin The Privacy Invasion Stunt,